Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Roller Coaster

I still can't believe that NaNoWriMo is only 19 days away. I'm going to be the Manciple Liaison for my region again this year (4th time's the charm, right?).

So with that and finishing the first draft of "Beneath a Broken Sky" I'm up to my eye balls in work. But of course that's part of the charm in NaNoWiMo: the chaos. Words are flying, computers are smoking, a million things need to be done and there isn't enough time to do any of them.

It's kind of like when you pass the top part of a roller coaster an the only thing you can do is scream and hang on. Sooner or later this massive thing will come to a screeching halt. I'll be able to look back at all the mountains and valleys I've traveled in lightning speed and hopefully there will be something there I can use to go forward with.

If not, I've still got the rush and the bragging points to say "Ya, I did that."

No comments:

Post a Comment